Call for Tickets:
Groups of 12+:
Questions? Email Us >
Rent the Theater >
• Ticket Office (Part-Time)
• Ushers (Part-Time)
• Marketing/PR Intern
• Graphic Design Intern
• Development Intern
TICKET OFFICE SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME)
Duties: The Ticket Office Sales Associate is the resource for information as well as the point of sale person on behalf of the State Theatre. Knowledge of policies, procedures, and performance details are essential in providing the desired level of customer service. Responsibilities include processing ticket orders for patrons on the phone and/or at the ticket office window, responding to patron inquiries regarding performances and Theatre policies, assisting with data entry into the ticketing system, and printing tickets. The hours for this position will vary with the theatre’s performance and ticket office schedule. Candidate must be available to work a combination of days, evenings and weekends. This is a great opportunity for those looking to begin a career in the arts industry.
Qualifications: Excellent communication and customer service skills, a pleasant interpersonal manner both in person and over the phone, general computer knowledge including Microsoft Office suite, basic mathematical skills, and a highly motivated/positive attitude. Prior Ticket Office or Tessitura ticketing software, and/or TicketMaster experience is a plus. Prior retail or customer service experience is preferred. Position is part-time with variable hours depending on the Theatre’s performance and box office schedule. Hourly wage is competitive and commensurate with experience. Candidates must be available to work a combination of traditional business hours, evenings and weekends.
Application: Please stop by the State Theatre Ticket Office during ticket office operating hours to pick up and complete an application.
Management is looking for applicants with past experience in direct customer service as well as a wide array of hours of availability including days/nights/weekends/holidays. Management is looking for applicants with past experience in direct customer service as well as a wide array of hours of availability including days/nights/weekends/holidays.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Greet and Welcome all guests
• Direct all guests to their proper assigned seats
• Correct seating mistakes as necessary
• Provide prompt and professional responses to all audience inquiries
• Monitor and enforce Theatre patrons to ensure theatre policies regarding procedure and safety are followed
• Perform all pre- and post-performance tasks as directed by management
• Disperse any and all marketing materials as directed by management
• Assist all Theatre Guests in the event of an emergency to locate the nearest Exit or escape route to safety
• Light maintenance and cleaning
• Assist Special Needs and Handicapped guests as necessary
Physical/Mental Requirements Necessary:
• Ability to carry up to 40 lbs. waist high, including up & down stairs is required
• Ability to climb steps repeatedly is required
• Ability to descend/ascend ramps and inclines/declines
• Ability to stand for long periods of time is required
• Work indoors/outdoors in a fast-paced, busy environment, with environmental conditions such as noise, dust, heights, dark/dim/absence of lighting, and smoke. Incumbents must have the ability to bend, stretch, reach, and kneel without restriction.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
• Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to Theatre standards.
• Work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required
• Experience with Two Way Radios is preferred
Please email your resume and a cover letter to Theater Manager Jessica Trechak at JTrechak@statetheatrenj.org
The Marketing/PR intern will work closely with staff to implement marketing, promotions, public relations, and audience development initiatives. Tasks include writing, editing, and proofing press releases, blogs, website copy, e-blasts, and program copy; flyer distribution; working with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube; and other projects as needed. The internship requires a minimum of 15 hours each week between Mon-Fri (9am-5:30pm), per a mutually agreed upon schedule. Must have strong organizational skills, strong writing skills, and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
This position is on a volunteer basis and is therefore unpaid. Students can arrange to receive college credit.
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to:
Kelly Blithe, Director of Communications
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
The State Theatre is seeking an innovative graphic design intern to design and produce marketing materials for the State Theatre in a Mac-based environment. The paid internship requires a minimum of 20 hours a week—Mon-Fri (9-5:30pm)—per a mutually agreed upon schedule.
• Design and produce promotional materials such as posters, flyers, advertisements, brochures, etc.
• Design web graphics for the State Theatre website and internet advertising
• Various administrative duties such as cutting flyers, hanging posters, preparing items for distribution
• Assist the Art & Web Director with the creative workload
• Strong typographic skills, ability to accept criticism, and good eye for proofing
• Knowledge of Quark Xpress, Dreamweaver, Video Editing, and HTML a plus
This is a part-time, non-exempt, temporary position. Students may arrange to receive college credit in addition to wages paid.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to:
Art & Web Director
11 Livingston Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
or email (If you email, please include a few samples of your work)
The State Theatre seeks an energetic and self-motivated individual with strong writing and interpersonal skills. The internship requires a minimum of 15 hours each week between Mon-Fri (9am-5:30pm), per a mutually agreed upon schedule.
Responsibilities and duties include assistance in:
• Researching individual prospects and donors
• Researching companies and foundations for possible partnerships and grant opportunities
• Mass mailing projects
• Creating, maintaining, and updating lists
• Filing and file upkeep
• Creating and updating Development Department plans and calendar
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to: